|1983||Mr. Tan Pong Tyea (“PT Tan”) first ventured into offshore marine services industry through owning, managing, operating and chartering out offshore support vessels to customers in the Oil & Gas industry.|
|1985||Asetanian was incorporated to further penetrate the offshore segment of the marine services industry. Asetanian provided ship management services to the offshore support vessels that were owned by PT Tan.|
|1990||PT Tan ventured into offshore marine services business and current fleet also expanded through the setting up of single purpose vessel fleet-owning entity to hold the expanded fleet was accomplished. Total fleet included three single purpose vessels and eight Anchor Handling Tug Supply (AHTS) vessels.|
|2002||As the business rapidly grew, PT Tan established a group holding company to consolidate all its activities and thus Oilfield Services Company Limited (“OSCL”) was incorporated.|
April – FEG completed the 100% acquisition of OSCL, making FEG the first Catalist-listed player in the marine and oil & gas industry, specialising in the production phase of oilfield activities.
- April: Completed acquisition of Terasa-Star Shipping, CDS Oilfield Services and Longzhu Oilfield Services group of companies
- April: Completed acquisition of 29.07% (205 million shares) equity interest in CH Offshore from a subsidiary of Scomi Marine Bhd (SMB). CH Offshore owns a fleet of 11 AHTS and co-owns another 2 AHTS with SMB.
- September: Upgraded to SGX Mainboard
- December: Incorporated Capital Guardian Limited (for oil trading and other related activities)
- December: Set up Resources Division; Radford Holdings Limited (coal trading, coal mining and other related activities)
- Set up Drilling Services Division (ordered 2 x jackup drilling units)
- Ordered 2 units of DP2 Multi-Functional Support Vessels (MFSV)
|Preliminary agreement with PetroVietnam Drilling & Well Service Corporation on the forming of a joint venture entity that provides drilling and related services to Oil & Gas clients. In April, FEG, together with its partners ordered one unit of mobile jack-up rig (Super B Class self-elevating offshore drilling unit) from Keppel FELS.|